Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Signs of HIV & AIDS

Early Signs and Symptoms of HIV
Some people experience signs and symptoms of HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus), as soon as they become infected, while others do not. When they occur, early signs and symptoms are often mistaken for the flu or a mild viral infection. Initial signs and symptoms of HIV include:

    * Fever

    * Headache

    * Tiredness

    * Nausea

    * Diarrhea

    * Enlarged lymph nodes in the neck, armpits or groin

Any symptoms from becoming infected typically resolve in one to four weeks.

As you can see, the signs and symptoms of HIV infection are similar to those for many different viral infections. The only way to know for sure if you are infected with HIV is to be tested. Many people infected with HIV do not have any signs and symptoms at all for many years.
Later Signs and Symptoms of HIV/AIDS
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) says the following signs and symptoms may be warning signs of late-stage HIV infection:

    * rapid weight loss

    * dry cough

    * recurring fever or profuse night sweats

    * profound and unexplained fatigue

    * swollen lymph glands in the armpits, groin, or neck

    * diarrhea lasting more than a week

    * white spots or unusual blemishes on the tongue, in the mouth, or in the throat

    * pneumonia

    * red, brown, pink, or purplish blotches on or under the skin or inside the mouth, nose, or eyelids

    * memory loss, depression, and other neurological disorders

HIV destroys the white blood cells that are required to fight infection. As the white cell count falls to dangerous levels, numerous infections and diseases emerge. It is at this point that a person is said to have AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome).

According to the CDC, as with an initial HIV infection, you cannot rely on these signs and symptoms to establish a diagnosis of AIDS. The symptoms of AIDS are similar to the symptoms of many other illnesses. AIDS is a medical diagnosis made by a healthcare professional based on specific criteria established by the CDC.

Source:

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. "How can I tell if I'm infected with HIV? What are the symptoms?" http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/resources/qa/qa5.htm
Start a discussion on the Men's Health forums
Related Information About HIV AIDS

    * How to Talk to Your Kids about HIV
    * HIV 101
    * How to Say No to Sex

Treatment for AIDS

    * Updated HIV Treatment Guidelines
    * HIV / AIDS Medication Information

Related Articles

    * What are the Symptoms of HIV or AIDS in Women?
    * HIV/AIDS in Women - Symptoms and Prevention of HIV / AIDS in Women
    * Women and HIV/AIDS - symptoms - causes - testing - pregnancy - HIV - AIDS
    * HIV Symptoms - What are HIV Symptoms
    * HIV Infection - Do I Have an HIV Infection



by: bUtod

6 comments:

  1. HI My Name is MARIAN DUSS, I wish to share my testimonies with the general public about what this man called Dr lawcy of( drlawcyspellhome@gmail.com ] has just done for me , this man has just did what I thought nobody will ever do for me, i was HIV positive when one of my family friend introduce this man to me, I never believed that great DR LAWCY could do this, when I contacted him on this same issue on ground, he casted some spell for me and gave me some parcel to drink, now I am so happy to say that the virus I was having In my body have left me. All thanks to DR LAWCY If you are out there passing through this same kind of problems you can contact him today on his mail ( drlawcyspellhome@gmail.com. )
    and he will also help you as well with his great spell caster, THANKS BE TO DR LAWCY....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to share this great testimony to the world on how Dr VOODOO cure me from HSV1&2 with his herbs, I was nervous when i first contact him about the cure for HSV but i decided to give him a try because i was desperate to get cured and be free from HSV. Dr VOODOO prepared the remedy and sent it to me through UPS,which I use just the way Dr VOODOO instructed me and thank God today I am a beneficiary to this cure and I went back to the hospital after 7 days of taking the herbs and I tested HSV1&2 Negative. So I will tell you all who are looking for a cure to his/her HSV1&2 that Dr VOODOO took research before he could finally get the solution to it and a lot of people are benefiting from him right now. He also cured my friend from HPV. Dr VOODOO heals with natural herbs. Please I urge you to contact him now through his email address: voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com or call and WhatsApp him on +2348140120719. He is capable of curing HIV/AIDS, HERPES, HPV, HSV1&2, CANCER of all kinds, DIABETES and so many other infections.

      Delete
  2. Source: http://hivtodayphilippines.blogspot.com/2013/08/to-all-friends-and-family-of-erwin.html

    To All Friends And Family Of Erwin
    Note: This message is not intended to deface Erwin's memory. In fact, we should all pay respect for his courage.

    My name is Gboy, I am a silent advocate for HIV awareness. I myself is HIV positive since March of 2013. Eversince then, I have dedicated my time in reaching out to gay men online and share them my story and eventually convince people to take the HIV test. I was basically his HIV counselor.

    About 4 months ago, I met Erwin in a social media website for men, he told me that after reading my blog, he suspects himself to be HIV positive because of the condition his health is in. I convinced him to take the test but he refused because he does not know where to start, or where to get the courage. He was scared of people finding out... He was scared of being judged, and most of all, he was scared of finding out the truth.

    When he finally took the test. he called me and told me that the result is HIV stage 4, which is well known as AIDS. I told him to relax and assured him that everything will be alright now that he took the first step in taking care of himself. We even chatted every now and then giving him tips on staying healthy.

    I told him to go straight to RITM or the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine in Alabang for free cd4 testing, and free medication. I told him to go ASAP so that the doctors will know how much damage the virus has done to his body. He said that he will be going there as soon as he regains his strength.

    I just got a text from his partner that he passed away last August 8, 2013. the news came as a shock to me because we were even calling each other a few weeks ago. I may not know him that much, but I am deeply saddened by this...

    I hope that we consider his passing as a wake up call. do not be blinded, HIV is real and it is killing people. We should not treat them as an abomination but give them understanding, emotional and financial support. it is hard enough dealing with the battle to stay healthy everyday, let us not add up to their burden by judging them.

    And I seriously recommend that we should all refrain from blurting out negative remarks on HIV for it only adds up to the stigma. And if somebody opened up to you about his/her condition, never change the way you treat them, that's exactly what people like me are most fearful of.

    To Erwin, you will be missed sorely. I hope that you put in a good word for us up there. I can see that many people loves you unconditionally and I hope it remains that way regardless of how you left us. I pray that people will always remember you as jolly, helpful, talented and larger than life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in United States, help me thank DR. covenant who helped cured me from HERPES SIMPLEX in just one (1) week. I got
    to know him from a friend who he helped, at first I doubt if his herbal
    product would work until my friend put her car at stake that if it doesn't
    work she would give me her car. After which I decided to try, to God be the
    glory am now a living testimony, all thanks to DR. covenant, if not for him I would
    not have been healed so easily.. You can reach him via
    covenantsolutiontemple@gmail.com or call/whatsapp at +2349057353987, you can also
    contact him on cure on......
    1. GONORRHEA
    2. SYPHILIS
    3. ASTHMA
    4. STROKE
    5. DIABETES MELLIFLUOUS
    6. SIMPLEX HERPES
    7. RINGING EAR
    8.LOW SPERM COUNT
    9.SICKLE CELL
    10.HIV/AIDS
    11.CANCER
    12.LYME DISEASE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings to the general public, I want to tell about how I was cured of
    HIV disease by a Doctor called Dr. voodoo . I was browsing the Internet
    searching for remedy on HIV and I saw a comment of people talking about how
    Doctor voodoo cured them. I was scared because I never believed in the
    Internet but i was convince to give him a try because i having no hope of
    been cured of HIV so I decided to contact him with his email that was
    listed on the comment voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com when I contacted
    him he gave me hope and send a Herbal medicine to me that I took and
    it seriously worked for me, am a free person now without problem,
    my HIV result came out negative. I pray for you Dr. voodoo God will give
    you everlasting life, you shall not die before your time for being sincere
    and great men. Am so happy, you can also contact him if you have any
    problem Email: voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com
    or Add him up on WhatsAp +2348140120719

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing information.


    Women Full Body Check-Up, Blood Test, and Health Check-up Packages in Delhi are available at Dr Jolly Diagnostics in Greater Kailash. Blood Test Sample Collection at Home.
    HIV/AIDS Blood Test Center in Delhi

    Fertility Panel (Male) Test

    Fertility Panel (Female) Test

    Ultrasound Services

    ReplyDelete